Yes, you can cook a meatloaf in a slow cooker. This easy Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe with potatoes and carrots is soon to be a favorite with your family. It is a simple set it & forget it kind of meal.
How to make the Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
Once the meatloaf mixture is formed, you simply shape it to fit in the slow cooker, then surround with the chopped potato & carrot. Cook for 5-6 hours
Then baste the meatloaf with the sauce recipe and leave in the slow cooker for another half hour on high.
Serve and enjoy!
Hamilton Beach 33461 Stay or Go 6-Quart Portable Slow CookerReynolds Slow Cooker Liners (4 Count)Silicone Slow Cooker Liners By Mrs. V’s Kitchen Reusable 100% Food Grade Silicone Fast And Easy Cleanup Without Having To Scrub Or Clean Actual Slow Cooker Crock Pot
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried minced onions
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1½ lb potatoes, peeled & chopped
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl., then toss in the milk, bread crumbs, onions salt and thyme. Mix together well.
- Mix the beef & pork together, then add to the rest of the mixture and mix just until even. (over mixing can make it tough)
- Form the mixture into a loaf sized to sit in the middle of your slow cooker.
- Place the potatoes and carrots around meat loaf.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Baste the sauce on top of the meat loaf and cook for 30 minutes on high.