Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Carrots is such an easy satisfying traditional meal. It is both budget-friendly and low effort so a great fit for most any family. The chicken thighs are an inexpensive cut and the slow cooker is set it and forget it, until dinner time anyway.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Carrots
Here is a quick visual walk through of preparing the Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Carrots. The full recipe is below.
The chicken thighs are browned in a frying pan to add flavor.
Potatoes and carrots are layered in bottom of slow cooker. Topped with seasonings.
Next arrange the browned chicken thighs on top of the potatoes & carrots.
Add broth to the slow cooker, then simmer on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Thicken sauce with corn starch before serving. I would suggest adding a simple green salad to balance out the meal and enjoy.
- 3-4 lb Chicken Thighs
- 2 lb Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 1 large Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 tsp Water
- Season chicken thighs on all sides with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place oil in skillet over med-high heat and brown the thighs on each side.
- Layer potatoes, carrots and onions in slow cooker. Then scatter the garlic and thyme over vegetables.
- Lay the chicken thighs on top.
- Add the broth to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Thighs will be nearly fall apart tender.
- Whisk together cornstarch & water. Add to slow cooker and simmer a few minutes to thicken sauce before serving.