This easy to make festive Pumpkin Cheese Ball is a perfect recipe for any fall gathering. Make one of these autumn inspired cheese balls for Halloween, Sunday Football, Thanksgiving or just a to add a little seasonal fun to any get together. This easy fall appetizer recipe does not have any pumpkin flavor to it, just the iconic shape, so if you have a few friends or family that just don’t care for pumpkin or are “all pumpkin’d out” this is a great way to stay festive while including them.
How to Make a Pumpkin Cheese Ball Appetizer
Form into a cheese ball to make the rough pumpkin shape. Chill for a couple hours.
Pulse nacho tortilla chips in a food processor until broken into small pieces.
Roll the ball in the nacho crumbs, top with pepper stem and use a chopstick or spoon edge to dent the ribs in your Pumpkin Cheese Ball.
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ cup Salsa
- 2 cups Nacho Cheese Chips, crushed
- Stem: Bell Pepper Stem, or sink a jalapeno with stem into the ball
- Mix the cream cheese, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and salsa until smooth and blended.
- Form the spread mixture into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll the cheese ball in crushed nacho chips.
- Top off with a bell pepper stem or jalapeno and create indented ribs to look like pumpkin.