Love those fancy swirled drinks you occasionally get from a well seasoned barista, and want to make some Gourmet coffee coolness of your own? If you have a Keurig machine, these Lil’ Black Cat Cappuccinos are so easy to make & you could whip out a batch of them to make your guests feel extra special in a jiffy… no special swirling skills required. I figured the cats would be cute, rather than ghoulish for Halloween, and you could always make these for your favorite cat lover.
I picked up some Gevalia single serve cups from their Cafe Style line at Walmart for this little project (check out my G+ Album of the shop if you like). Since I was quite curious about them, I picked up all 3 flavors: Mocha Latte, Caramel Macchiato and the Cappuccino used here. I enjoyed the Mocha Latte as a nice alternative to hot cocoa, and made a nice caffeinated cocktail with the Caramel Macchiato. Both would be good for stenciling as well, and I do have a little ghost image on the pdf, if you want to try powdered sugar on the Mocha Latte instead.
- Box of Gevalia Cappuccino K-Cups
- cocoa powder
- sugar duster
- x-acto knife
- card stock printer paper
- Print out the cat (PDF file link is below), and cut out carefully.
- Brew the Gevalia Cappuccino on the smallest setting on your Keurig.
- Allow for foam to fully form.
- Hold stencil over cappuccino, close but not touching. (you may want to brace you wrist on a can or something).
- Use sugar duster to shake the cocoa powder on until silhouette is well formed.
To help you out, here is the PDF file link >> PDF: Lil Black Cat Silhouette (with bonus ghost)
If you prefer to make something other than a cat or ghost for your image, browse online clip art and size down to fit the mouth of your cups or just freestyle a simple image. Just be mindful that fine lines will be hard to smoothly re-create with dusting, so keep your choices less detailed.