This St. Patrick’s Day dessert is only for the grown-ups. Leprechaun Balls have both Irish whiskey and Bailey’s in them. Four or five of these will roughly equal a shot, so overindulgence could certainly make you loopy. Too many of these alcoholic little green dessert treats, and you might end out kissing more than a Blarney Stone, this Saint Patrick’s Day…lol.
- box of vanilla wafers
- ½ cup Baileys
- ¼ cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- white chocolate + green food coloring (or green candy melts)
- *optional holiday candy sprinkles
- Crush the vanilla wafers in food processor (or in a plastic bag)
- Separate the crushed wafers ⅔ in one bowl, ⅓ in another.
- Add cocoa powder to smaller portion.
- Pour Bailey's into the larger portion of wafers, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour Irish whiskey into the cocoa & wafer mixture. Mix well.
- Make small (approx. ½ tsp size) balls from the whiskey blend.
- Take a scoop of the Bailey's mixture into the palm of your hand and press with fingers of your other hand to flatten out.
- Put a whiskey ball in center, and wrap the flattened Bailey's mix around it. Top with a little more of the Bailey's mix to cover, then roll between palms to form a ball. Repeat.
- Melt the candy melts or white chocolate (add a few drops of green food coloring if you like).
- Use chopsticks (or pop sticks) to dip the balls to coat. (Roll in sprinkles while still a bit warm if you choose)
- Allow to cool on the sticks, or place on waxed paper.
The Leprechaun Balls can also easily be popped on a stick, if you prefer.