Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs are one of my very favorite Easter treats, I used to wait eagerly for them as a kid. While those eggs are wonderful, homemade would be even better, don’t you think? With this recipe you can make your own Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs, and have enough to share… or not 😉
How to Make Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs for Easter
First, mix the very simple four ingredient dough, that serves as the peanut butter filling for the eggs.
Shape ten peanut butter eggs from the dough and place on parchment paper.
Melt chocolate and dip the peanut butter eggs into the chocolate until fully covered. Lift out and place the Easter eggs back on the parchment paper to set. Once fully cool, you can pipe on some chocolate or frosting decorations if you like. I prefer my Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs just as they are.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cup confectionery sugar
- 10 oz. dark cocoa melting chips
- Melt together the peanut butter and butter for 1 minute in microwave. Stir until well blended.
- Add vanilla and confectionery sugar, mix well.
- Divide mixture into 10 egg shaped balls. Put the eggs on a parchment lined baking sheet
- and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat the process until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stab each peanut butter egg with a fork and dip into melted chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl – allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the chocolate covered eggs back on parchment paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes.