This Kielbasa and Potatoes Recipe is such an easy flavorful combination, that it is sure to become a family favorite. Yes, it is simple, some of the best dishes are aren’t they, and kielbasa and potatoes are such a natural pairing. Not only is this easy kielbasa recipe satisfying, it is inexpensive to make, as well. As an added bonus, with one pot preparation, clean up will be a breeze.
- 14-16 oz. kielbasa
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 Vidalia onion
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- Preheat skillet on med-high heat.
- Cut sausage into slices, and drop in the heated pan. Stir while frying.
- As kielbasa is browning, chop the onion and potatoes.
- Once the sausage has browned up a bit, and released most of the grease, scoop it out and put aside. Be careful to leave grease in pan.
- Drop potatoes into the kielbasa grease to fry. Once they start to brown cut down heat to med-low, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Once the potatoes have softened, add the kielbasa back into the pan mix in and all to reheat before serving.
While my husband lived with us I made this easy recipe frequently, it was a favorite of his. Now I still make it occasionally, but use the lower fat chicken kielbasa sausage rather than the beef version he preferred. I like serving it with sauteed broccoli rabe, while his preference was just to dig into the kielbasa & potatoes, sometimes with a splash of hot sauce.