This Kielbasa and Potatoes Recipe is such an easy flavorful combination, that it is sure to become a family favorite. Yes, it is simple, some of the best dishes are aren’t they and kielbasa and potatoes are such a natural pairing. Not only is this easy kielbasa recipe satisfying, it is inexpensive to make, as well. As an added bonus, with one pot preparation, cleanup will be a breeze.
Kielbasa and potatoes is such a classic comfort food recipe. This home-fried version of the easy kielbasa recipe is my favorite way of making it. Check out the comments section to see the many ways readers have shared how they make it.
Kielbasa and Potatoes Recipe
Here is all you need to make this easy kielbasa recipe.
- 14-16 oz. kielbasa
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 Vidalia onion
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- Preheat skillet on med-high heat.
- Cut the kielbasa sausage into slices, and drop in the heated pan. Stir while frying.
- As kielbasa is browning, chop the onion and potatoes.
- Once the sausage has browned up a bit, and released most of the grease, scoop it out and put aside. Be careful to leave grease in the pan.
- Drop potatoes into the kielbasa grease to fry. Once they start to brown cut down heat to medium-low and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Once the potatoes have softened, add the kielbasa back into the pan mix in and all to reheat before serving.
While my husband was with us I made this easy kielbasa recipe frequently, it was a favorite of his. Now I still make it occasionally, but use the lower fat chicken kielbasa sausage rather than the beef version he preferred. I like serving it with sauteed broccoli rabe, while his preference was just to dig into a big bowl of the kielbasa and potatoes, sometimes with a splash of hot sauce on top of his dinner.