This easy Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad Recipe is quick to make and very tidy to eat. A great summer dish when you are pressed for time or don’t want to risk getting dressing on yourself (Yes, I have been known to wear my salad). Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad also makes a wonderful topping for grilled chicken breast, promptly transforming the poultry into a full low carb meal.
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad: Notes on Making
Despite the simplicity of this salad, I did want to point out a few tips concerning preparation.
- While you can of course use crumbled feta, I prefer to chop mine off the block and be a little gentle when mixing the salad. I think the cubes add to the presentation and avoid the cheese muddling into the light dressing too much.
- Make sure to taste the salad before adding salt. Feta itself is rather salty, so you will need very little.
- This salad will hold fine for a few hours in the refrigerator, but it is so quick to prepare I like to make it right before serving.
- 2½ cups diced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced Feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped grape or plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons of fine diced red onion
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves (preferably lemon thyme)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Simply add all ingredients except salt and pepper and gently mix.
- Taste to determine needed salt and pepper, season and serve.