Easter Popcorn is the perfect compromise between a sweet or savory snack to enjoy while celebrating the holiday. The recipe is quite easy, and kids will enjoy helping.
Easter Popcorn a Kid Friendly Easter Recipe
It can be tricky to find recipes appropriate for children of various ages to participate in without making a royal mess. This kid friendly pastel Easter Popcorn recipe, only uses the microwave for cooking. The candy melts used should obviously not be handled by younger children in their melted state, but older kids can take the reins then without problem. The little ones won’t be left out though. Counting out the melts, listening for the popping to stop, adding the colorful sprinkles or even tossing the popcorn to coat with the pastel chocolate (it cools quite fast) are safe and fun activities for them.
This pastel chocolate popcorn recipe is spruced up with sprinkles in festive spring colors and a generous dose of Easter Peanut M&Ms. My daughter loves this combo as I’m sure most kids will. It is a great way to serve a sweet snack during your Easter gathering, with the lighter popcorn making it seem like more sweets than it actually is.
Easter Popcorn can be made the evening before if you like, but I would not make it sooner.
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn (full sized, not snack)
- 15 purple candy melts*
- 15 pink candy melts*
- 15 white candy melts*
- sprinkles in spring colors
- Peanut M&Ms in pastel colors (or M&Ms of choice)
- Pop the popcorn, then separate into two large bowls. Try and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the candy melts in small bowls, one for each color.
- Microwave the purple candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-1½ minutes dependent on melt brand and your microwave).
- Drizzle over one of the bowls of popcorn, use a silicone spatula to ensure you get all the chocolate candy melt out. Toss the popcorn with your hands until well coated. Leave to cool.
- Repeat above process with pink candy melts.
- Once the pastel chocolate has set on the popcorn, mix the two colors together, then spread out on large platter.
- Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
- Add the M&Ms and serve.