It doesn’t get much more ghoulish than this fun Deviled Eyeballs Halloween appetizer. It is sort of the ultimate in Halloween Party food… muhahaha.
Deviled Eyeballs: Halloween Appetizer
Author: Robin Gagnon
Deviled Eyeballs are a fun and easy Halloween appetizer, that party guests will adore.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish, drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground or cracked black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Peel eggs; cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to medium bowl; arrange whites on serving platter. To bowl of yolks, add avocados and lemon juice; mash until smooth, mixing well. Stir in horseradish, salt and peppers. Fill egg white halves with heaping tablespoon of mixture, piling high; sprinkle with herbs, if desired.
- To make devilish eyes: Mix 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and 50 drops red food coloring; spoon into small plastic bag. Cut the very tip off one corner of the bag; squeeze red mayo through the hole and pipe onto eggs. Top with sliced black olives to form eyeballs.
Recipe courtesy of Avocados from Mexico