Candy Cane Marshmallows are easy to make, and perfect to hang off a hot cocoa cup, ready to dip and swirl (of course they are also nice on their own). They are wonderful for entertaining . Of course, these easy homemade Candy Cane Marshmallows would also make a festive homemade edible holiday gift, that even the cooking challenged can manage. Simply place a few in a bag and tie off with festive ribbon. Make a gift basket out of it, by adding a jar of homemade cocoa mix, or some store bought pouches in a cute holiday mug.
How to Make Candy Cane Marshmallows
All you will need to make these Candy Cane Marshmallows is candy canes, marshmallows and chocolate melts.
Here is a quick visual walk through of the process of making these holiday marshmallows. Full instructions below.
Melt the chocolate. Poke a candy cane in each marshmallow, then dip first in the melted chocolate, then in the crushed candy cane. Cool completely before serving or packaging.
- 24 small Candy Canes, unwrapped
- 12 Marshmallows
- 1 cup Chocolate Dipping Chips/Melts
- Cover a cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.
- Crush half of the candy canes in food processor, until they are small bits.
- Insert a candy cane in each marshmallow as shown and freeze these for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat in 15 sec intervals until smooth.
- Dip each marshmallow half way in chocolate and immediately sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Place on the waxed paper, flat side down, as shown.
- Place in a cool spot to set.