This rich creamy salmon and farro salad is surprisingly low in both fat and calories. Farro adds a chewiness and moisture, which compliments the salmon well. Low fat sour cream, seasoned with whole grain mustard & grated horseradish add a Germanic zing to the recipe. A great way to use up leftover salmon.
Over a green salad or fresh tomatoes it makes a nice lunch. Stuffed in cherry tomatoes or on cucumber slices a lovely hors d’oeuvre.
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp horseradish
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup cooked wild salmon chunks
- 1 cup cooked farro
- ¼ chopped chives
- Whisk together sour cream, mustard, horseradish, honey & salt.
- Add the salmon, farro and chives.
- Mix, until ingredients are evenly distributed.