This post brought to you by Nature’s Pride Bread. All opinions are 100% mine.
I was pleased to be offered the opportunity to create a new recipe using Nature’s Pride Bread. You see, that is the brand I started buying recently. I had carefully trialed my autistic daughter on a gluten and casien free diet for a few months, and didn’t see a marked improvement. When I brought gluten back, there was no problem, until I gave her a sandwich on storebrand light wheat. She had a bad reaction. I looked into the ingredients on this bread vs. the wheat containing items she had been eating without any problem, and found a few suspcious chemicals (sulfates). Fully organic bread is rather expensive, so I started carefully reading the ingredients listed on the offerings in the bread department. That is when I found Nature’s Pride breads. They don’t contain HFCS nor sulfates, and are priced quite reasonably. They were even Buy 1 Get 1 Free at my grocer this week
Well, now you know why I buy this bread, on to the recipe for Orange Ginger Walnut Stuffing!
- 6 slices Nature’s Pride Whole Wheat Bread
- cooking spray
- 4 tbs. butter or spread
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed/minced)
- ½ tsp. fresh grated ginger
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup hot water
- 1½ tsp chicken base (preferably with no MSG)
- 1¼ cup OJ
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Chop the bread into small cubes, and spread onto baking sheet.
- Coat with cooking spray, muddle the cubes around, then spray again.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn the bread bits and bake another 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in pan over med-high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger & walnuts. Saute until onions are soft.
- Pour the croutons into the pan with onions and stir. Shut off burner.
- In a bowl, whisk the chicken base into the hot water add the orange juice and whisk again. Pour over other ingredients, and mix well.
- Cover and let set at least 5 minutes before serving.
Next time you’re in the bread aisle, give this brand a try. In the meantime, enter the Bread for No Bread contest on Nature’s Pride on Facebook page, and you could win free bread for a month. A new winner is chosen every Monday.
What is your favorite recipe, that you would use Nature’s Pride bread to make?