This White Chocolate Strawberry Biscotti Recipe is now among my favorite cookie recipes. The dough smells like heaven before it even makes it into the oven, and the cookies don’t disappoint when they come out either. These biscotti go nicely with most teas, as well as coffee and of course milk. If you are looking for something different, but not “out there” for the cookie swap this year, White Chocolate Strawberry Biscotti might be just the thing.
For some reason, I’ve known people to be intimidated by the prospect of making biscotti. While there is an extra step in making this sort of cookie, they are not difficult at all. Basically you bake a big cookie log, then slice it up and bake it again, like you would croutons. That’s all there is to it. I assure you, once you bake your first batch of biscotti, you’ll see there really is nothing to it.
- 1 stick of butter(1/2 cup)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbs. strawberry jam
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup dried strawberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter & sugar.
- Add jam, salt, vanilla, baking soda, egg and flour. Mix well.
- Fold in strawberries and chocolate.
- Roll out into long log (a little shorter than the length of a cookie sheet).
- Place dough log on parchment lined baking sheet, and press down till about 1½ inch thick.
- Bake for 20 min, then remove to cool.
- Reduce oven to 325
- Cut log into ¾" slices.
- Place slices on parchment, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool & serve.
I would also like to note, before someone inevitably asks, I do not recommend substituting fresh or frozen strawberry for the dried.
If you don’t get a chance to make these cookies for Christmas, they would also be a nice dessert for your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day… or anytime for that matter.