Valentines Day Popcorn Recipe
This Valentine’s Day Popcorn recipe is quite easy to make. It only takes a few minutes, but the results are a fun Valentine Treat both kids and adults will enjoy. The pink chocolate covered popcorn with M&Ms is equally perfect for a kids Valentine’s Day Party, as it is for a romantic movie night for the grown-ups… after the children are snug in their beds.
Valentine’s Day popcorn is both a sweet and salty snack to celebrate the holiday with. I personally love the way the salty popcorn counters the sweet chocolate flavor.
Pink Chocolate Covered Valentines Day Popcorn Recipe
The Valentines Day Popcorn recipe is made with chocolate candy melts. The melts are first drizzled on the popcorn and tossed to make the pink chocolate covered popcorn. White chocolate candy melts are then drizzled over the popcorn and topped with Valentine sprinkles and M&Ms.
I prefer to serve the Valentine’s Popcorn on a platter, since all the preparation other than coating the popcorn in pink chocolate can be done right on the platter. I think it makes a nice presentation, but if you will be placing in individual bowls or bags, then using a baking sheet will work just as well.
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn, light or regular butter (full sized, not snack)
- ¾ cup pink chocolate candy melts*
- ½ cup white chocolate candy melts*
- Valentines sprinkles
- Valentines Peanut M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the candy melts in small bowls or glass measuring cups, one for each color.
- Microwave the pink candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-1½ minutes dependent on melt brand and your microwave).
- Drizzle half over of the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat, Add the remaining pink chocolate candy melt (use a silicone spatula to ensure you get it all out.) Toss the popcorn with your hands until nicely coated. Then spread out onto a large serving platter (or baking sheet, if you are going to bag the popcorn up after).
- Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
- Finally, toss on the M&Ms. Allow the Valentines Popcorn to cool a few minutes before serving.
More Valentine’s Fun!
click images to go to article