Mmm… Taco Pizza a combo that just can’t be beat!
What could be better than combining awesome foods like tacos and pizza? Being able to make a taco pizza at home, in a little over half an hour, with ease and great taste.
This recipe is part of a campaign for McCormick Skillet Sauces incentives or free product were provided.
The secret weapon to making this recipe so easy, quick and guaranteed to taste great is McCormick Taco with Chipotle & Garlic Skillet Sauce. No need to simmer in order to get the taco filling to the right consistency. Just pour a packet of the Skillet Sauce into the browned meat (drained if necessary), mix and it is ready to spread on the pizza dough.
The Taco Pizza is delicious just as is, but adding typical taco toppings like sour cream, chives, diced tomato, even shredded lettuce make it even more of a fun treat.
- 1 pound lean ground meat (I used ground turkey, but lean ground beef would be fine.)
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough*
- splash of oil
- generous sprinkle of corn meal
- 1 pouch McCormick Taco with Chipotle & Garlic Skillet Sauce
- 8 oz package shredded sharp cheddar
- **optional** diced tomato and/or sliced pickled jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown the ground meat. If you get any grease in the pan drain it thoroughly. Add the McCormick Taco with Chipotle & Garlic Skillet Sauce. Mix in and take pan off the burner.
- While browning the meat, drizzle a small amount of oil on baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread evenly, then sprinkle lightly with corn meal. Stretch the dough, and set in pan.
- Spread the taco mixture evenly over the stretched dough, then top with cheese. Add diced tomato or jalapeno if you choose.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes. Until crust is crisp and cheese is fully melted.
- Cut and serve with additional topping on the side if you like.
McCormick Taco with Chipotle & Garlic Skillet Sauce is just one of seven new McCormick Skillet sauces, ready to make your dinner preparation a breeze.