This Sweet Potato-Pepperoni Hash is one of those recipes I threw together on a whim, and really liked. It is a super easy side dish to make and great way to mix things up on your breakfast or dinner plate. Just 3 simple ingredients, period. The pepperoni provides, the fat for frying, seasonings and a bit of meaty crunch to the recipe. Sweet potatoes and onions are the only other ingredients.
- 1 large sweet potato (small diced)
- ½ a sweet onion (diced)
- handful of pepperoni (around 24-30 standard size slices)
- Cut up the pepperoni in narrow strips or just shred it up with a serrated knife.
- Place in skillet over med heat, and fry until enough fat has rendered to coat bottom of pan.
- Add the sweet potatoes and onion, continue cooking over medium until sweet potatoes are cooked through and slightly browned.