Want something a little different to serve at your next get together? How about some Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade!
Now this is a contributor recipe that I can’t wait to make myself. I love strawberry rhubarb pie and teaming those flavors with lemonade is a top notch idea in my book.
While the recipe is easy, and hands on time isn’t that much, it is something I would make the evening before or morning of a party, since the mixture needs time to rest & to cool.
- 3 rhubarb stalks, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound strawberries, pureed
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (6-8 lemons)
- Put chopped rhubarb and sugar in a large pot and add the water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in strawberries.
- Set aside to rest for 45 minutes.
- Use a sieve or cheesecloth to strain. Then place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Serve over ice.