I was recently sent some Nakano seasoned rice vinegars, to try out, and I’ve enjoyed incorporating them into dishes. I’m particularly fond of the garlic flavored one, which was used in the creation of this Spicy Mango Mahi Mahi recipe. Nakano seasoned rice vinegars are perfect when you are trying to cook lighter. They add great flavor without being overpowering at just 20 calories per tablespoon.
- 1 large ripe mango
- 2 scallion stalks
- 1 tbs. diced pickled jalapeno (substitute fresh is fine)
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs. Nakano Garlic seasoned rice vinegar (plus a little for basting fish)
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 mahi mahi filets (4 oz. each)
- **baste for fish***
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Nakano garlic rice vinegar
- pinch of Kosher salt
- few fresh grinds of pepper
- Whisk together ingredients for baste, and fully coat the fish with it. cover and set aside.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Cut the mango into bite size pieces, after peeling and pitting, and put in a medium size bowl.
- Thinly slice the scallions, add to bowl.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, seasoned rice vinegar and Kosher salt. Stir to mix. Set aside while grilling mahi mahi.
- Once grill is hot, place fish top side down on the grill, and reduce heat to med. Close cover.
- In a few minutes, when edges of fish are cooked but middle is still translucent, flip the fillets.
- Grill for another couple minutes, until just cooked through.
- Remove and plate fish in shallow bowl. Allow to rest.
- Top with mango mixture. Juices from fish and topping will meld together, creating flavorful sauce.
While the recipe above is one of my own, Nakano has many more available on their site at: Mizkan.com/recipes
Join Nakano on Facebook for their 60-Day walking challenge, which also includes fun and helpful fitness features, like a step tracker that will show all the combined participants footsteps wrapping around the globe and tips on eating healthy, and getting plenty of servings of veggies. The promotion also includes prizes, such as:
- First prize of a one-year free gym membership. If over 1 million steps are reached over the course of the 60 days, a second 1st prize will be awarded.
- Second prize winner receives six personal training sessions.
- Third prize winner will receive a Nakano workout bag.
For even more chances to win follow the Splash Recipe Club, which includes recipes and healthy living articles. Each month a subscriber will win $150, the the Splash for Cash drawing!
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Nakano and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.