Anyone who has tried dieting has been there, that point when hungry gets nasty. “Hangry” is a term commonly used these days, for that point when being hungry also makes you, well… kind of angry. This is a dangerous place, not only for those around you feeling your grumpy wrath, but also for your diet. When you get to this point, all those healthy choices you have been dedicated to fly out the window like yesterday’s trash. You are ready to raid the fridge, steal your kids candy, and zip off to the nearest drive-thru to order the biggie meal.
This savagery can easily be avoided. Serenity can rule the day.
When you keep your blood sugar somewhat stable and don’t allow yourself to get “too” hungry, it is far easier to stay on track with a healthy diet. It also keeps you feeling better overall. This is why many of us have switched from the three square meals a day to mini-meals, grazing, or simply making sure to include healthy snacks between meals.
So, What do you eat to keep hunger at bay and yourself feeling good?
Smart Snack Options 200 Calories or Less
There are many under 200 calorie options that can keep you on track with your healthy eating plan, and make for a pleasant day. Here are just a few smart snack choices:
- Sliced apple with a tablespoon of nut butter
- a cup of grapes and a dozen almonds
- 1/2 ounce of hard cheese with a serving of whole grain pretzels
- carrot sticks with a serving of hummus
- a serving of low fat cottage cheese with a mandarin orange
- green salad with light dressing and a hard boiled egg
- serving of oil packed yellow fin tuna with sliced tomato
- scrambled egg whites with vegetables and two slices of uncured turkey bacon
- small baked potato with salsa and 1/2 ounce of cheddar
- a Perfectly Simple Bar
What if you will be out running errands all day?
Toss a Perfectly Simple bar in your handbag before leaving. Doing this has saved me from a fast food pit stop twice over the past month. All the flavors are 200 calories or less each. They provide filling protein and other nutrients that keep me well satisfied until the next meal. Perfectly Simple bars are made from quality natural ingredients, without added junk, so they fit right into my diet plan & keep me feeling good.
Perfectly Simple bars come in four satisfying flavors:
- Almond Toffee Crunch
- Bing Cherry & Almond
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk
- Roasted Cashew & Dark Chocolate
I even have a $1 off coupon to share with you, if you want to give these delicious natural bars a try. Saving money is yet another way to feel good, after all 😉