This family friendly “Philly Cheesesteak” Casserole recipe will satisfy their craving for the Cheez-Steak, while keeping your wallet from crying. It has all the yummy favors of cheesesteak, all layered in a satisfying casserole. The hamburger works nicely in casserole and is less expensive.
They will surely be back for more, of this easy to make Philly Cheesesteak Casserole.
Philly Cheesesteak" Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 4 oz sliced Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 oz Cheez Whiz or shredded Velveeta
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup up sliced sweet peppers*
- ¼ of a large Vidalia onion sliced*
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 can Crescent Roll Dough
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish (or coat with non stick spray) and set aside.
- Place skillet over med-high heat. Saute beef, mushrooms and Worcestershire until beef is browned.
- Drain and spread out into baking dish.
- Spread cheese over top of beef mixture.
- Sauteed garlic and vegetables over medium-high heat until peppers are soft.
- Spread the vegetables over cheese layer.
- Top the casserole with crescent dough.
- Bake 30 minutes or until dough is golden brown on top.
As noted above this is a contributor recipe. The article, recipe & images are edited by me, but this is not my creation.