Sometimes we want a festive treat that is savory rather than sweet during the holiday season. These Parmesan Cheddar Basil Stars are just the answer for that. More akin to a cookies, than a cracker in texture, but with a wonderful cheesy basil flavor, these are sure to please. A perfect holiday party snack. The original recipe can be found in Southern Living Magazine, or on their website.
Making Parmesan Cheddar Stars
Mix the crumbly dough together.
Roll the dough up into a ball to roll out.
Roll it out, cut and place on parchment lined sheets. Bake, cool and serve.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine Cheddar cheese, butter, half-and-half, and salt in mixing bowl and beat at medium speed, until well blended.
- Slowly add flour, Parmesan cheese, and basil – mix until soft and evenly blended.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface, and divide into 3 equal portions. Roll each out to about ⅛ inch thick.
- Use a star shaped cutter to cut the crackers out. Place 1 inch apart on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until golden. Then cool wire racks before serving.