This simple Parmesan and Cracked Black Pepper cracker recipe is one of my daughter’s favorites. Great when you want to whip together a fresh snack, without going to the store, since these ingredients are often on hand. Quick option to make for guests as well.
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus enough to sprinkle on top
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Combine ingredients in mixer, on low-med speed.
- Dough will be crumbly, knead on counter, just until it holds together well.
- Put on baking sheet, and roll out. (If the sheet is non-stick line with parchment paper first)
- Cut the dough into small crackers with pastry cutter (use a pizza cutter if you don't have one).
- Prick each cracker 1-2 times with the tongs of a fork.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese (and a little black pepper if you like).
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the outer edge crackers. Bake the rest until they look lightly toasted.
- Remove onto kitchen towel to cool.
Try out my Buffalo Hot Wing n’ Blue Cheese Crackers Recipe too!