This Orange Crush Cupcakes recipe seemed just the thing to share in celebration of the start of summer.
These fun orange cupcakes are very easy to make. They are started with a basic box of white cake mix. The blast of orange color and flavor comes from Orange Crush soda and orange gelatin. (Egg whites, oil, butter & confectionery sugar are the only other ingredients you need to make these bright and festive treats.)
Feed Your Love of Orange Crush!
Orange Crush – Floral Slice Logo Juniors T-ShirtKenny’s Juicy Licorice Twists 5 oz Bag – Choose Any Flavor (Orange Crush)Orange Crush “Crush” Licensed Men’s T-ShirtPop-Tarts Kellogg’s Snacks, Orange Crush, 14.1 OunceOrange Crush Metal SignOrange Crush Gummy Soda Bottles 4.5-Ounce Candy Bag 1 Count
Making the Orange Crush Cupcakes Recipe
Here is a quick visual walkthrough of the process of making these easy orange cupcakes. Full recipe below.
The batter recipe for the cupcakes is simply a white cake mix prepared with Orange Crush soda and orange flavored gelatin.
The orange crush cupcakes are baked in liners and maintain their orange color after baking. Cool them before frosting.
The orange frosting for the cupcake recipe is a basic buttercream, that is colored and flavored with Orange Crush and more of the gelatin.
When the frosting is piped on top you have a cupcake that is orange through and through!
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Orange Crush
- 5 tbsp Orange Gelatin Mix
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Orange Crush
- 2 tbsp Orange Gelatin Mix
- Preheat oven 350.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine cake mix, egg whites vegetable oil, gelatin mix and orange soda.
- Beat until blended.
- Fill liners ⅔ full and bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip butter and gelatin powder until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add orange soda until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag and frost each cupcake.
More Fun Recipes!