This Oatmeal and Lavender Bath Soak recipe is full of so many wonderful ingredients that are beneficial to your body and mind, that its like having a mini spa experience at home for a fraction of the cost. Basic, easy to find ingredients make this soak a simple and affordable treat. Make some up for yourself or make a batch for mom as a Mothers Day gift- don’t forget to include a scoop. Send some with a sweet note at the end of the school year for your child’s teacher. Pretty jars are easy to find at your local craft store, even a mason jar makes for a beautiful presentation. To make the Oatmeal Lavender Bath Soak even more giftable, I’ve included a handy printable label.
Benefits of an Oatmeal Lavender Bath Soak
Here are some of the benefits that each ingredient brings you:
- Epsom Salts- Draws out toxins from your body, and reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Oatmeal- Moistens and soothes dry skin from eczema, allergies, and other conditions.
- Sea Salt- The minerals found in sea salt (Salt from the Dead Sea is best) can help alleviate pain from fatigued muscles and arthritis pain.
- Cornstarch- Soothes skin irritations.
- Lavender essential Oil – Has wonderful aromatherapy benefits, promoting relaxation and is reported to help tremendously with headaches.
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- ½ cup sea salt
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 8-10 drops lavender essential oil
- ¼ cup dried lavender, optional
- Grind oatmeal in a blender, food processor, or coffee grinder until it is almost a powder.
- Combine oatmeal with epsom salts, sea salt, cornstarch, lavender oil, and dried lavender ( if using) until well mixed and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place in an airtight container.
- To use: scoop one cup under running bath water.
- Lavender Essential Oil – My essential oil company of choice is Young Living.
- Lavender Flowers – dried can be obtained year round from Mountain Rose Herbs.
- other items in this project are readily found at your local grocer
Oatmeal Lavender Bath Soak Labels
These Victorian Style labels, will dress up your bath soak a little more. Use nice quality printer paper, and cut out labels with sharp scissors or preferably an X-acto knife and adhere to jars with a thin coat of glue. Use a purple ribbon to tie a small scoop and/or recipe to the jar and you have a fine quality handmade gift (that was super easy to make). Great for fund raisers and bazaars too.
Here is the PDF file for you >> Oatmeal Lavender Bath Soak Free Printable Labels
Editing and graphics: Robin Gagnon