Many mom bloggers struggle to earn any money on their blogs. Doing product reviews are usually fun, and if the product is useful for your family, then there is a mutual benefit to both the blogger and company, if you like the product and share your experience with your readers. The problem is product reviews by their very nature do not generate income, beyond whatever the traffic they generate garners for you.
There is quality sponsored and promotional work out there for excellent products, but it is often difficult to find, and is usually only available to small groups of selected bloggers. There are also, those companies which offer bloggers a small payout to recommend their product to your readers without proper disclosures. I strongly suggest you avoid working with those companies. It is not worth risking the wrath of the FTC, or losing readers over.
How can a Mommy Blogger make some Money?
Social Spark is a good place to start. If you are wondering if they are a scam, or legit, I have been posting with them for some time now, and have been pleased with the results.
The facts about Social Spark:
- Everything is very clearly disclosed to your readers. Disclosures appear at both the top and bottom of all posts. No FTC worries for blogger or companies.
- All links are NoFollow. To follow the TOS of Google, all posts done through Social Spark automatically have nofollow links.
- Pick what you want. you are not obligated to take any offer. If it is not a good fit, just pass.
- Write what you want, as long as it meets the guidelines of the offer and includes required links. Your blog, your style.
- Payments via Paypal. Funds become available 30 days after post is submitted. $50 payout threshold.
- Negotiate your price. If the topic is a good fit for your blog, but the money offered is less than you want, make a counter offer. In my experience many advertisers are receptive, as long as, you have the traffic to back up your price.
- Excellent Customer Service. For the first time ever, I recently had a payment issue. I sent them a quick email, and they took care of it promptly, with good communication.
- Referrals. Social Spark just started a new referral program, so if you try it & you like it tell your friends, and Social Spark will give you a little kickback.
What does a Social Spark post look like?
Here are a couple I have done:
How does publishing work on Social Spark?
I am on WordPress, so I simply set up a new author on my blog. That is the user name and password you give to Social Spark so they can publish the post for you once it is approved. Social Spark only publishes what you have written and submitted. They do not do any editing. You will not get any surprises, and they can’t make changes to your blog.
If you have any questions regarding Social Spark, I will answer them to the best of my ability.
Want to try it out? I would love it if you would use my referral link: http://izea.in/rJ30