This afternoon, I made Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant for lunch, and the addition of Kraft Singles not only brought great flavor, but also provided 20% of my calcium requirement and 4 grams of protein, all for just 45 calories, since I was using the 2% variety… just look at that gooey yumminess 🙂 I’ve included the recipe below for your convenience.
Convenience without sacrifice… got to love it. That is why, I love Kraft Singles.
Making Easy Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant
- large eggplant (cut into planks - you will need 4 for 2 servings)
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup sliced sweet onions
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- pinch thyme
- salt to taste
- 4 vegetarian meatballs
- 2 Kraft 2% Singles
- Marinara or other pasta sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together egg whites and milk in one bowl, flour and bread crumbs in another.
- Dredge eggplant slices in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- Place on sheet pan and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip eggplants, and bake another 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is baking saute the mushrooms and onion, and heat pasta sauce.
- Remove eggplant from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Lightly break up a veggie meatball, and place about an inch from end of eggplant.
- Top with mushrooms & onions, place ½ a Kraft Single on top of that.
- Roll up, starting from the stuffed end. Place rolls side by side, so they won't unroll.
- Put in oven until cheese melts, then plate and top with sauce.
I am one of several bloggers selected by Kraft Foods to participate in the KRAFT Singles “Put Your Love on the Map” program. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.