I adore cheese, perhaps a little too much…lol. Lucky for me I’ve been able to enjoy cheese in my dishes, by using Kraft Singles, the 2% Singles to be exact. Kraft Singles are real cheese, actually made with milk, not some weird artificial stuff, like those similarly packaged cheese products that taste like wax. Being able to get real cheese in this packaging, is very convenient for me, each slice is a standard size, so tallying fat, calories, protein, etc. for recipes is easy. In addition to the convenience of the packaging, Kraft Singles melts like a dream.This afternoon, I made Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant for lunch, and the addition of Kraft Singles not only brought great flavor, but also provided 20% of my calcium requirement and 4 grams of protein, all for just 45 calories, since I was using the 2% variety… just look at that gooey yumminess I’ve included the recipe below for your convenience.
Convenience without sacrifice… got to love it. That is why, I love Kraft Singles.
- large eggplant (cut into planks – you will need 4 for 2 servings)
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup sliced sweet onions
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- pinch thyme
- salt to taste
- 4 vegetarian meatballs
- 2 Kraft 2% Singles
- Marinara or other pasta sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together egg whites and milk in one bowl, flour and bread crumbs in another.
- Dredge eggplant slices in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- Place on sheet pan and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip eggplants, and bake another 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is baking saute the mushrooms and onion, and heat pasta sauce.
- Remove eggplant from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Lightly break up a veggie meatball, and place about an inch from end of eggplant.
- Top with mushrooms & onions, place ½ a Kraft Single on top of that.
- Roll up, starting from the stuffed end. Place rolls side by side, so they won’t unroll.
- Put in oven until cheese melts, then plate and top with sauce.
I’ve told you why I love Kraft Singles, now it’s your turn. Go to their Facebook Page and them them why you love Kraft Singles. You will get your spot on their Facebook map and get entered to win a grocery gift card worth up to $500!
I am one of several bloggers selected by Kraft Foods to participate in the KRAFT Singles “Put Your Love on the Map” program. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.
Grocery Gift Card Giveaway is now closed.