This afternoon, I made Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant for lunch, and the addition of Kraft Singles not only brought great flavor, but also provided 20% of my calcium requirement and 4 grams of protein, all for just 45 calories, since I was using the 2% variety… just look at that gooey yumminess 🙂 I’ve included the recipe below for your convenience.
Convenience without sacrifice… got to love it. That is why, I love Kraft Singles.
Making Easy Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant
Time Saving Tip
Save time and hassle… order groceries and household products through Prime Pantry and get them delivered right to your door! There are frequent deals and even coupons available right at your fingertips.
- large eggplant (cut into planks - you will need 4 for 2 servings)
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup sliced sweet onions
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- pinch thyme
- salt to taste
- 4 vegetarian meatballs
- 2 Kraft 2% Singles
- Marinara or other pasta sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together egg whites and milk in one bowl, flour and bread crumbs in another.
- Dredge eggplant slices in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- Place on sheet pan and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip eggplants, and bake another 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is baking saute the mushrooms and onion, and heat pasta sauce.
- Remove eggplant from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Lightly break up a veggie meatball, and place about an inch from end of eggplant.
- Top with mushrooms & onions, place ½ a Kraft Single on top of that.
- Roll up, starting from the stuffed end. Place rolls side by side, so they won't unroll.
- Put in oven until cheese melts, then plate and top with sauce.
I am one of several bloggers selected by Kraft Foods to participate in the KRAFT Singles “Put Your Love on the Map” program. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.