With these Light Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, you can enjoy this favorite seasonal treat without blowing up your diet.
Article is sponsored by Truvia.
A common issue here in the United States, among both adults and children is obesity. Those struggling with weight issues do not necessarily want to be left out when it is time to enjoy holiday treat. This Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar recipe is lower in fat, has plenty of nutrients and is drastically reduced in sugar thanks to the use of Truvia® Baking Blend. Enjoy, but remember, no matter how much healthier it may be, it is still dessert.
Light Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
These pumpkin cheesecake bars are easy to make and despite being light are quite delicious. This seasonal recipe is the perfect way to end any fall meal, even Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground almonds (crunchy almond butter would be fine, as well)
- ⅓ cup trans fat free spread
- 3 tbs Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp creme de tartar
- 1 package ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 whole egg
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ⅓ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the crust ingredients, until well distributed and crumbly.
- Dump the crust mix into a greased (or non-stick sprayed) 8x11 baking dish. Gently press down, and even out height. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, Beat the 3 egg whites with the creme de tartar, until forming stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in different bowl until well mixed, then fold the egg whites into the filling, until smoothly distributed.
- Spread filling over crust and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerator. Serve well chilled with whipped cream.