Leprechaun Green Poke Cupcakes: St. Patrick’s Day Trick to Play on Your Kids
Author: Robin Gagnon
- gold foil cupcake wrappers
- white cake mix (made according to directions)
- lime gelatine
- frosting* (optional)
- Make a batch of white cupcakes, in gold foil wrappers (we all know leprechauns love gold right).
- Tell the kids that Leprechauns love gold, and won’t be able to resist poking at all of them to check out the gold. Show them that you are leaving the pristine white set cupcakes out on St.Patrick’s Eve.
- Once the kids have gone to bed, mix ¾ of a cup of hot water into a package of lime gelatine.
- Take a chopstick, and poke a couple holes into the cupcakes.
- Pour the gelatine, over the holes, until it seeps in.
- Present the cupcakes to your kids either frosted or not, but they will see the green spots where the greedy little leprechauns poked in their fingers.