This recipe for Roasted Cauliflower, with lemon and truffle oil, is a healthy snacking alternative. Roasted cauliflower also makes a wonderful side dish, and would be yummy tossed in with a simple pasta preparation, added to soups or even used as a pizza topping. Leftovers certainly won’t go to waste. The white truffle oil adds a richness to the dish, while the lemon brightens it up. Roasted Cauliflower is a surprisingly kid-friendly recipe, as you can see from my daughter’s reaction, below.
- 1 large fresh head of cauliflower
- 1½ tbs. olive oil
- teaspoon of white truffle oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- teaspoon Mrs. Dash Original
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut florets off of cauliflower head. (slices of stem work too)
- Mix the cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients, in a large bowl.
- Dump the florets onto baking sheet and spread out.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn with spatula.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Apparently, my little foodie in training thought roasted cauliflower looked like a great snack to nosh on while watching Yo Gabba Gabba. She swiped it off the counter, and settled in with Muno and friends. I’m not complaining, mind you. Any time you can get your kids to eat their vegetables, without smothering them with copious amounts of cheese or breading, is a good thing. Yes, this roasted cauliflower is quite likely to become a family favorite recipe, in our home.