With hot weather soon to come, we will all be scrambling for no bake desserts. Who wants to fire up the oven when you’re fighting to keep the house comfortably cool? This Easy Triple Lemon Oreo Cheesecake no-bake recipe is just the treat for those hot days. Since their is no baking or knife work, it is also a great recipe to have the kids try their hands at. Wouldn’t they be proud bring a delicious and pretty dessert to the cook-out that they made themselves!
Making the Triple Lemon Oreo Cheesecake: No Bake Recipe
This is a simple visual walk through of the Lemon Oreo Cheesecake recipe. Full recipe is below.
The Lemon Oreos are crushed in food processor, with a little butter & sugar.
The crushed cookie mixture is then pressed in a spring form pan.
The no bake filling is prepared, and spread into crust.
Finally the Lemon Oreo Cheesecake is topped with crushed cookies and either lemon curd or zest, and chilled until firm.
- 15 oz package of Lemon Oreo Cookies (reserve 8 for topping)
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 16 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 small box Lemon Gelatin
- 16 oz Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- reserved Lemon Oreo cookies
- jarred lemon curd or fresh lemon zest
- Pulse the Lemon Oreos in food processor, until crushed.
- Add melted butter and sugar. Pulse to mix.
- Press the crushed Oreo mixture into the bottom of a springform pan and and partway up the sides.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until crust is firm.
- Beat cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water to gelatin and stir to dissolve, then set aside to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Take care not to go to far, to a butter stage.
- Once gelatin has cooled and begun to thicken, fold it into the whipped cream and mix gently. Then, fold in the cream cheese mixture until evenly blended.
- Fill Oreo crust with the cheesecake mixture, spreading to even out if necessary.
- Top with crumbled Lemon Oreos & dollops of lemon curd or freshly grated lemon zest
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.