With busy schedules, even avid cooks have a hard time, presenting fresh healthy homemade food for their family at every meal. This is where a product like the new Fresh Take line from Kraft comes in handy. It sure simplifies the dinner making process and cuts down on mess to clean up.
I tried the Southwest Three Cheese recipe. It is for chicken, pork or fish. As you can see above I went with chicken for this particular meal. All you need to make this recipe is the Fresh Take package, meat of choice, and basic salad fixin’s. Pretty easy, and something your family members who are not too skilled in the kitchen could certainly prepare.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Open the package, pull apart the separating partition, and mix the topping together, then drop in chicken and coat. Place on baking sheet and top with remaining cheesy crumb mixture. Bake for 28-30 minutes (I used breasts, if you are using tenders, it will take considerably less time). When done, put it on top of a salad and enjoy!
Kraft Fresh Take recipe packets are available in 6 varieties:
- Southwest Three Cheese: A blend of garlic, cumin and red chili pepper combined with Colby, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses creates a zesty Tex-Mex meal with chicken, pork or fish.
- Italian Parmesan: For a classic Italian meal, add this blend of parsley, garlic, onion, Parmesan and mozzarella to chicken, pork or fish.
- Rosemary & Roasted Garlic: This blend of rosemary and garlic with mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan and Romano cheeses is a perfect seasoning for pork and adds delicious flavor to chicken and fish, too.
- Cheddar Jack & Bacon: Savory herbs, bacon, Monterey Jack, cheddar and provolone cheeses pair perfectly with chicken, pork and fish.
- Chili Lime & Panko: A mix of chili peppers and lime with Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses spice up fish and complement chicken and pork.
- Savory Four Cheese: This blend of feta, mozzarella, provolone and Parmesan cheese crumbles with roasted garlic and onion will create a savory burger or classic meatloaf oozing with cheese.
My Thoughts: I personally enjoyed the Fresh Take Southwest Three Cheese recipe on my chicken very much. The cheese and spices really made the breaded chicken special. It had great flavor and crisped up nicely. The chicken was moist and the topping had so much flavor that I didn’t need much dressing on the salad.
Check out Fresh Takes on the Kraft website, for more information and recipe ideas, as well as a 50¢ off coupon.
I am one of several bloggers selected by Kraft Foods to participate in the KRAFT FRESH TAKE recipe program. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.
Grocery Gift Card Giveaway
One lucky Mom Foodie reader will win a $50 Grocery Gift Card, courtesy of Kraft. Open to U.S. residents 18+
a Rafflecopter giveaway