This Kielbasa and Potatoes Recipe is such an easy flavorful combination, that it is sure to become a family favorite. Yes, it is simple, some of the best dishes are aren’t they. Not only is this easy kielbasa recipe satisfying, it is inexpensive to make, as well. As an added bonus, with one pot preparation, clean up will be a breeze.
- 14-16 oz. kielbasa
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 Vidalia onion
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- Preheat skillet on med-high heat.
- Cut sausage into slices, and drop in the heated pan. Stir while frying.
- As kielbasa is browning, chop the onion and potatoes.
- Once the sausage has browned up a bit, and released most of the grease, scoop it out and put aside. Be careful to leave grease in pan.
- Drop potatoes into the kielbasa grease to fry. Once they start to brown cut down heat to med-low, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Once the potatoes have softened, add the kielbasa back into the pan mix in and all to reheat before serving.
While my husband lived with us I made this easy recipe frequently, it was a favorite of his. Now I still make it occasionally, but use the lower fat chicken kielbasa sausage rather than the beef version he preferred. I like serving it with sauteed broccoli rabe.