This Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet recipe is brought to you by Simply Potatoes. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mom Foodie.
I love starting the day with a nice hot, hearty breakfast, but it can be a bit time consuming, and honestly in a groggy state, making coffee can be challenging for me at times. I’ve been making a real breakfast more often recently since I tried Simply Potatoes. It is so convenient to have these ready to use potatoes on hand. They have done all the peeling and shredding, and they are fresh, never frozen, so they cook up quick.
Here I used their Shredded Hash Browns to make an easy and delicious skillet, which was ready in under 30 minutes. This morning I made a Pepperoni Hash with their Diced Potatoes and Onions, but my daughter was eagerly awaiting that, so no pics… sorry folks.
Simply Potatoes are great for casseroles and of course side dishes as well. They are made only from real ingredients, so your dish will taste just as homemade as if you did the peeling yourself. They can usually be found in the refrigerated dairy section, though my store had them beside the meats.
- 1 tbs butter
- ½ bag Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 deli slices of ham, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place non-stick oven safe skillet over a med-high burner. Add butter. Once melted add the shredded hash browns.
- Cook the hash browns for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned but not quite crisp.
- Spread them evenly in the pan then press down with spatula, top with ½ the cheese, then the chopped ham. Press down again, then crack eggs and drop over the top.
- Pop the skillet in the oven for 7-8 minutes, until eggs are nearly set.
- Take the skillet out sprinkle cheese around the eggs and return to over for 2 more minutes to melt cheese and finish setting eggs.