Ever wanted to grow your own mushrooms? I recently had the enjoyable task of reviewing an oyster mushroom growing kit from Back to the Roots. I have wanted to try growing mushrooms for quite some time, but never got around to it, and I also love oyster mushrooms in particular, so this review was a perfect match for me.
I loved the kit and these are the reasons why:
- easy to use, no complicated directions
- sustainably produced (recycled coffee grounds are used as the growing medium)
- freshest mushrooms you will ever have
- great learning experience for kids
- fun to watch the mushrooms grow
- not long til harvest (approx. 10 days, but I couldn’t wait & harvested at 8)
- socially conscious company (they help support urban school & community gardens)
- affordable – starter kit is just $19.95, replacement growing bags are available
To see what I did with my batch of mushrooms… Oyster Mushroom, Goat Cheese and Lemon Thyme Bruschetta Recipe
Disclosure: Product sample provided for purpose of review. All opinions presented here are my own.
Back to the Roots Oyster Mushroom growing Kit Giveaway
One lucky Blommi reader will win a mushroom growing kit of their very own, courtesy of Back to the Roots.
- Follow this blog via email or RSS (One entry each).
- Follow me through Google Friend Connect (bottom of page)
- Follow both @TwiMommi and @bttrventures on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway can be done 3x per day at least 1 hour apart (account must be public and have at least 50 followers).
- “Like” Blommi on Facebook
- “Like” Back to the Roots on Facebook
- Share or “like” this giveaway on Facebook
- For 2 entries! Grab my ad button (available here), or add Blommi.com to your blogroll -> blog must be public with minimum 25 followers. Leave a link where it can be found, in your comment. (remember to leave 2 separate comments)
- For 3 Entries! Blog about this giveaway with a live link back to this post -> blog must be public with minimum 25 followers. (be sure to leave 3 separate comments)
One winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries, and will have 48 hours to respond to their prize winner email notification. If winner fails to respond, within that time period, a new winner will be drawn. Giveaways hosted on Blommi are sponsored by third parties. Site owner will of course endeavor to see all prizes are fulfilled, but is not responsible for fulfillment, nor for missing or damaged prizes. Contest ends August 3, 2010 at 11:59 pm CT. Open to US residents , age 18+.