Grilled Balsamic Asparagus: A Family Favorite
To say Grilled Balsamic Asparagus is popular at my house, would be a gross understatement. I love the stuff. When my husband was with us, it was one of the few vegetables he was interested in eating (and even requested). My young daughter noshes down on grilled asparagus like most kids eat candy. Maybe, the Balsamic sweetens it up a little for her youthful taste buds.
Grilled Balsamic Asparagus Recipe: So Easy
This grilled balsamic asparagus recipe is incredibly easy. When it is too cold or rainy outside, It is readily adapted to the oven, as well. I can boast turning a few asparagus haters into lovers with this simple recipe. Rather than continuing to put your asparagus through the indignity of boiling, give grilling it a try. 2/3 of this particular batch of grilled asparagus, was devoured by my daughter, and she went looking for more… twice.
I’m sort of more than a little bit in love with my own Ergo Chef tongs…. perhaps you deserve a set too.
- bunch of asparagus
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove of crushed minced garlic
- generous pinch of dried thyme
- generous pinch of Kosher salt
- Mix oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme and salt in bowl long enough to accommodate asparagus spears.
- Cut off ends of asparagus spears, and add them to marinate, coat them well.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place spears on grill, being sure to put tops as far from flame as possible.
- Turn after a few minutes, be watchful that the spears don't burn. Some will have to be removed sooner than others. You just want then cooked to tender.
- Put grilled asparagus back in the marinate bowl, and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.