I love crafts I can do right in my kitchen, especially ones like this homemade Green Tea & Lemon Soap. It is so easy to make this recipe and smells divine.
Since the scent is not floral or sweet, it is equally suitable for men (something to keep in mind when looking for DIY gifts for men). It would also make a unique gift for any tea lover.
The use of pour & melt soap is part of what makes this project so quick and easy. While I would not suggest younger kids handle the hot soap teens & even many tweens could handle this beauty craft. It would be a terrific way for them to make teacher or family gifts.
- 1 pound pour & melt glycerin soap
- 2 tbs matcha powder (Japanese green tea powder)
- ¾ tsp lemon essential oil
- Soap mold (I used 4 bar full sized soap mold)
- Chop the soap into small cubes (around ½"), and place in microwave safe bowl (batter bowl with handle is ideal)
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat in 15-20 second intervals until soap is melted.
- As soon as you remove the bowl from microwave stir in the green tea powder and the lemon essential oil.
- Gently pour into your soap mold. Allow to cool fully. They will now be hard, and are ready to remove from mold.
- To maintain scent, store in airtight packaging until use.
Supply sourcing for Green Tea & Lemon Soap:
Pour & Melt soap: is available at most craft stores. It is also widely available at reasonable prices online.
Matcha Powder: can be found at Asian grocers, some higher end grocers, and is also widely available online. Baking grade is acceptable for this usage.