Staples has a new eco-friendly product line out now called Sustainable Earth. It includes an array of things most of us use in our homes and offices daily. They sent me a few things to try out and tell you about.
The Sustainable Earth calculator has a 100% recycled plastic casing. Both the buttons and casing of this solar calculator are made from used ink and toner cartridges. At just $5, a sound eco-friendly investment.
I also tried a sample of the Sustainable Earth Multi-Purpose Cleaner. It uses biobased cleaning agents to cut down on it’s environmental impact. The cleaner was formulated in partnership with EPA Design for the Environment Formulator Initiative, and meets Green Seal standards. I used this for some of my around-the-house cleaning chores yesterday, and found it to be very effective. At $3.99 for a 32 oz. bottle, and gallon size refills available for $9.99, switching to this green cleaner is budget friendly too.
I was sent a few of the 100% recycled Sustainable Earth security envelopes along with the other items. The stock is good quality, and I would think the little green recycle symbol pattern lining the envelopes would shine a positive light on the sender, as well as helping the environment.
All of these products, and many more reasonably priced earth friendly options are available in stores, or on Staples.com.
Disclosure: Product Samples provided for the purpose of review. All opinions presented here are my own.
Earth Day Giveaway
One lucky Blommi reader will win a Earth Day gift pack, which includes: Sustainable Earth calculator, sample of the multipurpose cleaner & a $15 Staples gift card.
Ways to Enter – do as many or as few as you like (leave a separate comment here for each entry):
- Tell me something you are doing to be more eco-friendly.
- Follow this blog via email and/or RSS (one entry each).
- Follow me through Google Friend Connect
- Follow both @StaplesTweets and @TwiMommi on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway can be done 1x per day (account must be public and have at least 50 followers).
- “Like” Blommi on Facebook
- “Like” Staples on Facebook
- Share or “like” this giveaway on Facebook.
- Stumble any non-giveaway post that appeals to you. (Can be done once daily – leave your Stumble Upon name in comment) .
- For 2 entries! Grab my ad button (available here), or add Blommi.com to your blogroll -> blog must be public with minimum 25 followers. Leave a link where it can be found, in your comment. (remember to leave 2 separate comments)
One winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries, and will have 48 hours to respond to their prize winner email notification. If winner fails to respond, within that time period, a new winner will be drawn. Giveaways hosted on Blommi are sponsored by third parties. Site owner will of course endeavor to see all prizes are fulfilled, but is not responsible for fulfillment, nor for missing or damaged prizes. Contest ends April 30, 2010 at 11:59 pm CT. Open to US residents , age 18+.
Confirmed winner Tabathia B .