Much has changed for my daughter and I, since this time last year. My husband and I are now separated. My daughter currently participates in nearly 30 hours per week of in home ABA therapy, on top of attending preschool. Due to her therapy schedule, we are in our home the vast majority of our time. Dragging the musty old fake white tree in from our garage was just not going to cut it. It was never meant to be our primary tree, just something I bought to display the vintage ornaments I had picked up at estate sales. I decided M and I needed a fresh tree and ornaments for our new life.
Timing was perfect when I was offered the opportunity to have Kmart sponsor our tree trimmings this year. The challenge, to decorate my holiday tree with $100 in items from the trim-a-tree dept. at Kmart. I already knew that Kmart had some lovely holiday lines this year, so I was happy participate.
My double parlour where the holiday tree is displayed is painted orange, so I wanted to go with a simple color scheme for the tree. I ended out deciding on mostly gold, with a handful of silver items and clear lights. I found that by shopping while items are on sale $100 can easily create a lovely tree, from skirt to topper, at Kmart. I mixed items from a few different designer lines & their trim-a-tree product line, but if you are having difficulty making sure your tree has a “tied-together” look, sticking with the selections from one line will ensure a designer look.
Here are the items I selected for our tree:
- Country Living Vintage Christmas Tree Top Bow Gold Sheer with Gold Glitter Holly (2)
- Jaclyn Smith Today Golden Heritage 8ft Fashionation Bead Garland (4)
- Trim a Home 200 Green Wire Christmas Light Set – Clear (2) I still had a few working sets from past trees, but definitely needed these too.
- Gold Tree Skirt (I could not find a link for this one)
- Jaclyn Smith Midnight Clear 6ct 80mm Clear Glass Ornaments (1)
- Jaclyn Smith Traditions Midnight Clear 3 Acorns On String Ornament (1 – silver)
- Jaclyn Smith Today Velvet Visions Glass French Horn Ornament (1)
- Trim a Home 140mm Shatterproof Glitter Ball Ornament (2 ) –these giant ornaments are perfect for filling in tree gaps
- Jaclyn Smith Traditions Midnight Clear Glass Pinecones In Tub Ornament (1)
- 82 count tub of shatterproof decorations (all gold) no link available
- Country Living Vintage Christmas Blown Glass Bird Ornaments (gold) no link available
- decorative gold ornament hooks with beads, 18 in pack (2) no link available
- Trim-a-Home Holiday Ribbon (2)
My grand total ended out at $105. The completed tree reveal is soon to come. Since I did not have links for some items (probably only available in-store), I included pics of those items below. For even more pics of all the goodies available in the holiday decor dept at Kmart check out my Google + album.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All experiences and opinions presented here are my own.