Kettle Chips Recipe
Author: Robin Gagnon
Recipe type: snack
- 1 lb Potatoes (Yukon Gold preferred)
- Vegetable Oil (for Frying)
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper (or seasoning of choice)
- Wash the potatoes well.
- Thinly slice potatoes into chips using a mandolin, then soak them in cold water bath.
- Heat a few inches of oil in dutch oven or similar heavy pan to temperature of 400 degrees.
- Dry potatoes one batch at a time on paper towels.
- Prepare another plate lined with paper towels for the chips as they come out of the oil.
- Cook in small batches in the oil, stirring and turning often.
- Remove when brown and crispy and place on towels to cool..
- Salt and pepper (or other seasoning) should be applied immediately (while hot) to adhere.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes.
Recipe by Mom Foodie at http://blommi.com/how-to-make-kettle-chips-copycat-recipe/