Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe with Potatoes and Carrots
Author: Robin Gagnon
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried minced onions
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1½ lb potatoes, peeled & chopped
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl., then toss in the milk, bread crumbs, onions salt and thyme. Mix together well.
- Mix the beef & pork together, then add to the rest of the mixture and mix just until even. (over mixing can make it tough)
- Form the mixture into a loaf sized to sit in the middle of your slow cooker.
- Place the potatoes and carrots around meat loaf.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Baste the sauce on top of the meat loaf and cook for 30 minutes on high.
Recipe by Mom Foodie at http://blommi.com/slow-cooker-meatloaf-recipe-potatoes-carrots/