|Spinach Cracker Recipe : A Sneaky Way to Get Your Toddler to Eat Veggies |
- 1/3 cup of frozen loose leaf spinach
- 1/4 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt ( or powdered chicken bouillon, like Goya)
- 1 and 1/2 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Puree the spinach, oil salt, baking powder and water in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the flour and the spinach mixture, either in the food processor, or a mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough and form it into a nice ball.
- Roll the dough out on a well floured surface. The dough should be rolled out very thin (like pasta dough).
- Put the dough on a floured baking sheet.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the dough into squares.(a pizza cutter or knife will do if you don't have one)
- Prick each cracker 2-3 times with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Thinner crackers and those on the edges will cook faster. Pull them out, and continue cooking those that are still soft. Crackers will crisp a bit more during cooling, but should be somewhat crisp when removed.
- Crackers should be put directly on a kitchen towel to cool, to maintain their crispness.
This recipes will make a batch of spinach crackers equal to about 1/2 a regular size box of crackers. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Mom Foodie - Blommi at http://blommi.com/spinach-cracker-recipe/