This easy strawberry pie recipe is a perfect early summer go-to dessert. It is simple to make and sure to please family and guests. With all the deals on fresh in-season strawberries, it won’t even cost much to make this pie. The recipe would also be nice to make with the kids after a day of berry picking. It is easy enough for them to do a lot of the preparation themselves even, dependent on age level of course.
Here is a quick visual walk through of the process of making this easy strawberry pie. Full recipe below.
- 1 refrigerated Pie Crust
- 2 cup sliced Strawberries
- 2½ tbsp Cornstarch
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- 1½ cup Water
- 1 box Strawberry Gelatin (like Jell-O)
- whipped cream (to top when serving)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the pie crust in pie pan, nestle in, crimp edge and prick bottom with fork a few times (as shown above).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Layer sliced strawberries in crust. Fill to top.
- Stir together water sugar and cornstarch and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add Jell-O and stir until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the strawberry filled crust.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Top with whipped cream when serving.