This easy slow cooker beef and beans recipe is perfect for busy families, especially during the summer months. It makes a great addition to your BBQ spread, and teams great with potato & pasta salad, as well as coleslaw. Since this is prepared in a slow cooker, it doesn’t heat the house up, yet provides a hearty meal.
The recipe for this slow cooker beef and beans is below, but here is an example of the easy steps to create this family friendly meal.
Ground beef is lightly browned along with peppers & onions.
Everything, but the bacon is mixed together.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 chopped medium Onion
- 1 chopped Bell Pepper
- 4 medium can Pork and Beans (approx 60 oz total)
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 lb Bacon
- Brown ground beef with onion and pepper.
- Drain ground beef mixture and add to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients except bacon and stir to mix well.
- Cut bacon strips into quarters and fry until fat is rendered out and bacon is slightly browned.
- Add bacon pieces to top of crock pot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.