A quick and easy vegetarian pasta salad recipe, featuring Italian flavors. Although quite simple this will come across as more complex, due to the infusion of the grilled vegetable flavors (especially the grape tomatoes) into the dressing. To make it a meal add grilled shrimp, diced chicken or white beans.
This simple pasta salad was thrown together on the fly, but many more healthful pasta salad recipes can be found in Cooking Light’s Ultimate Summer Cookbook, online and on newsstands now.
- 1 lb. orechetti pasta (gemelli or farfalle would work well too)
- 3 small zucchini (sliced into small batons)
- ½ lg. sweet onion (rough chopped)
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes (larger ones cut in half)
- Italian dressing
- Boil pasta to al dente, while it is cooking prepare the vegetables.
- Preheat grill.
- Toss the cut vegetables into ¼ cup of Italian dressing.
- Grill the vegetables using a grill wok or other grill topper, so they don’t fall in.
- Toss the hot grilled vegetables into the hot drained pasta, and mix well.
- Add more Italian dressing to taste.
- Serve hot or cold, topped with Parmesan cheese or fresh chopped herbs.