Sometimes there is nothing like an easy to prepare home cooked meal. One that requires no fussing. This Easy Italian Chicken & Veggie Ravioli Bake can be tossed together in a few minutes, then popped in the oven and ignored until the timer goes off, perfect for those days you have too many things to juggle, but want a balanced, yet budget-friendly meal for the family.
The ease of preparation and shorter cooking time is due to the use of a mix of fresh, frozen and jarred foods. Frozen ravioli and Birds Eye Recipe Ready frozen bagged vegetables, are teamed with a good jarred marinara, fresh chicken tenders and shredded mozzarella, to create a meal that cooks in about a half hour. Thanks to the Birds Eye Recipe Ready mixed vegetables, featuring zucchini, yellow squash, red onion & red pepper, and the choice of chicken tenders, there is no necessary knife work to do, just layer in the casserole and bake.
- 12 oz bag of mini cheese ravioli
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 bag Birds Eye Recipe Ready Grilling Blend with Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Red Onion & Red Peppers
- 1 lb. fresh chicken tenders
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend) cheese
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Microwave the ravioli for 3-4 minutes until fully thawed (or thaw earlier).
- Pour about 1 cup (around ¼ to ⅓ of the jar) on bottom of casserole (approx 8x 11) coated with non-stick cooking spray, and spread out.
- Distribute the ravioli over the surface, then top with the frozen bag of Birds Eye Recipe Ready vegetables.
- Lay out the tenders over the vegetables, and evenly pour the remaining sauce over it. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes