This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®.
Time to fire up the grill, but that doesn’t mean just cooking meats. Many recipes can be adapted to the grill, often with diet-friendly results. This Grilled Eggplant Parmesan is a great example of that. Carbs and fat are greatly reduced in this recipes, yet flavor is not.
If you haven’t tried Barilla® sauces before, I think you will be pleased. You can taste the difference real vegetables and simple ingredients make in a sauce, and as I’ve shown in the easy recipe I’m sharing today, it makes getting a delicious and nutritious meal on the table a breeze. This nutritious meatless meal is inexpensive, as well as, quick & easy to make.
- 2-3 medium size Eggplants
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- shredded Italian cheese blend (or Mozzarella)
- 1 jar Barilla® sauce (I used their Tomato Basil variety)
- **optional- fresh basil
- Preheat grill.
- Cut off ends of eggplants, and slice into ½ inch thick planks. Baste with oil, and sprinkle with a little salt and oregano.
- Place eggplant on grill and reduce heat to medium. Flip after a couple minutes and continue to grill until eggplant has softened.
- Transfer to serving dish, and immediately top with cheese.
- Warm the sauce in microwave or saucepan, and pour over the eggplant. Serve