Time to fire up the grill, but that doesn’t mean just cooking meats. Many recipes can be adapted to the grill, often with diet-friendly results. This Grilled Eggplant Parmesan recipe is a great example of that. This low carb vegetarian dinner is also moderate in fats, yet packed with flavor.
The grilled eggplant parmesan can certainly be served on it’s own, but of course pairs well with pasta. It would also make a great side for grilled chicken if like myself, you are watching carb intake.
This nutritious meatless meal is inexpensive, as well as, quick & easy to make.
- 2-3 medium size Eggplants
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- shredded Italian cheese blend (or Mozzarella)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- **optional- fresh basil
- Preheat grill.
- Cut off ends of eggplants, and slice into ½ inch thick planks. Baste with oil, and sprinkle with a little salt and oregano.
- Place eggplant on grill and reduce heat to medium. Flip after a couple minutes and continue to grill until eggplant has softened.
- Transfer to serving dish, and immediately top with cheese.
- Warm the sauce in microwave or saucepan, and pour over the eggplant. Serve