When most people think of post-holiday sandwiches, turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce come to mind. While this now iconic sandwich is certainly delightful, I beg to say, Easter leftovers can make for a worthy rival of a sandwich.
After Easter dinner, many families are left with an overwhelming bounty of colorful boiled eggs, and a large quantity of remaining ham. Here, I’ve teamed these two common leftovers with asparagus (grilled asparagus recipe), which plentiful this time of year, and served it up on a freshly grilled Ciabatta, with Swiss cheese and a Buttermilk, Horseradish and mustard sauce. The combination would work for any mealtime.
The Ecce Panis Ciabatta bread used in this recipe is the perfect choice, since it is made to have the baking process finished off in the oven, but I’ve found, it comes out great on a med-low grill. With the warm temperatures we have been getting in much of the country, not using the oven to make fresh bread, could be a real bonus. It is also exactly the right size for Swiss cheese slices
Here is a printable coupon link to save $0.55 on Ecce Panis bake at home bread! http://bit.ly/
Check out my full Google+ shopping story here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100455156656642801134/albums/5721830271693052033
- Ecce Panis Ciabatta bread
- ¼-1/2 ounce thinly sliced ham.
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 6-8 cooked asparagus spears (preferably grilled or roasted)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. buttermilk
- 2 tbs. horseradish
- 1½ tbs. old fashioned whole grain Dijon mustard
- Preheat grill to low/med.
- Place Ciabatta loaf on grill, and flip after about 5 minutes. Grill another 5 minutes. If you don’t have precooked asparagus, grill it on the other side (marinate in olive oil & balsamic).
- While the bread is grilling, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, horseradish and grain mustard to make your dressing.
- Slice bread horizontally. Place ham, then Swiss on one side.
- Grill both pieces. The empty side will grill inside down, to crisp up.
- Once the ham is warm and cheese is melted, top with sliced eggs, then asparagus.
- Serve with dressing on side, so it can be applied during the meal.
To keep up to date on Ecce Panis and other Pepperidge Farm products, follow them on their Facebook page.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All experiences, opinions and recipes presented here are my own, unless otherwise noted. #CBias