I like to flavor up my dishes by finding ingredients that will compliment my primary ingredients, not overpower them. Over the hot summer months, I often like to turn to seafood such as shrimp for meals. While I do spice shrimp up on occasion, more often, I want it’s delicate sweet flavor to still shine through. I recently found a wonderful compliment to the shrimp I love, in Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch dressing.
Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch is one of a new collection of dressings from Hidden Valley®. It has less tang, than most dressings, and just seemed absolutely perfect to me, for use with chilled shrimp, or in a pasta or potato salad.
After trying it, I decided to make a simple shrimp pasta salad for dinner that night, with just a few herbs and the dressing.
I really saw no reason to add anything else, the refreshing flavor of the Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch was just right for the dish.
While this was a perfect pairing, I also love bolder flavors as well. I look forward to also trying the other new flavors from Hidden Valley® very soon:
- Hidden Valley® Avocado Ranch
- Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch Light
- Hidden Valley® Sweet Chili Ranch
- Hidden Valley® Roasted Garlic Ranch
I’m thinking those last two could really zing up chicken or twice baked potatoes, and all would make great flavor additions to burgers & sandwiches.
New Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing flavors will be hitting store shelves this month (June 2015). The dressings will retail for $3.59 at most major grocery stores, $2.99 at Walmart.
Follow the brand on social media, for recipe ideas, promotions and of course to keep up to date on new product offerings:
- ½ lb dry pasta
- ½ lb cooked medium cocktail shrimp
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup Hidden Valley Ranch Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- Cook the dry pasta al dente. While the pasta is cooking, remove tails from shrimp and ensure they are well de-veined.
- Drain pasta, and rinse quickly with cold water. Make sure the pasta is very well drained, then pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix will.
- While chilling at least ½ hour is ideal, the dish can be served immediately.
How would you experiment with these new Hidden Valley® flavors?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.