In the heat of summer, standing over a sauce pot and heating my kitchen up is not my idea of a good time. Homemade meat sauce is so much tastier than jarred though, and giving the sauce time for the flavors to meld over the heat is important. This is why having a Crock Pot Meat Sauce Recipe on hand is very helpful this time of year. Your family can enjoy a nice hearty meat sauce on their pasta for dinner, without heating up the kitchen.
How to Make Crock Pot Meat Sauce
Here is a quick visual walk through of how to make the Crock Pot Meat Sauce Recipe. The full recipe is below.
First the meat, onions and garlic are browned in a skillet & well drained.
Chop up the peppers while the meat is browning.
Enjoy homemade crock pot meat sauce over your favorite pasta for dinner.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 cup minced Onion
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 8 oz Mini Sweet Peppers (stems and seeds removed)
- 45 oz Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 24 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Crumble and brown ground beef and sausage, along with onion and garlic, then drain excess fat.
- Place browned meat mixture into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crock pot.
- Cover and simmer on low for 8 hours or cook high for 4 hours.